I’m sure you’ve heard the term, but what exactly is “SEO” and why is it important for real estate agents to understand how to use it? Search Engine Optimization helps you gain visibility for your real estate website through search results.
SEO is a strategy in Internet marketing that helps you understand what people search for and how search engines work. This strategy will allow the right people to find your useful content. And who are the right people? Well, they’re people who are interested in what you have to offer.
What is the perk of using SEO strategy for your Internet marketing? These strategies can boost real estate agent websites to the first or second page of search results in Google without costing them a lot of money. The search traffic you receive from this optimization is completely organic. And, what does that mean? Well, organic search means that you don’t have to pay for traffic.
Are you convinced? Here are some brief SEO steps:
- Make sure that your website only has working links. It is important that the search engine robots crawling your website, find only positive attributes.
- Real estate agents should submit their website to numerous search engines.
- It is important to keep content fresh and to update your website regularly. Current information will help increase traffic. One excellent way to have regular unique content, is through Blogging.
- Keywords! It is important to research the way that people would search for your real estate page and provide keywords on your site to make it easier for search engines to connect your site with the right users. Google has a great keyword tool to help figure out what terms to use.
- Make sure to include new posts on your social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and/or LinkedIn. These posts should include back-links to your website and should also increase traffic. These posts can include, for example, links to new listings or Blog posts.