According to an article published in August by Bankrate.com, foreclosure filings saw a seven percent growth nationally from July to August. Here is a list of the top ten states for foreclosures. See if your state made the list. For comparison, 1 in every 1,126 homes received a foreclosure filing nationally.
- Florida’s foreclosure filings increased 17.23 percent from last month with 1 in every 400 homes receiving a filing.
- Nevada saw a 22.22 percent increase in foreclosure filings with 1 in every 524 housing units receiving a foreclosure filing.
- Maryland’s filings increased 3.98 percent from last month with 1 in every 532 housing units receiving a foreclosure filing.
- New Jersey saw an astounding 114.61 percent increase in filings with 1 in every 553 housing unites receiving a foreclosure filing.
- Georgia saw an impressive 79.87 percent increase in filings with foreclosures in 1 in every 582 homes throughout the state.
- Delaware saw a 27.1 percent increase from last year with filings in 1 in every 746 housing units.
- Ohio’s foreclosure filings dropped 0.08 percent from last year, but it has still seen filings in 1 in every 840 houses.
- Illinois filings dropped 11.34 percent from last year, but still maintain filings for 1 in every 842 housing units.
- Indiana saw a 2.05 percent increase with foreclosure filings for 1 in every 893 housing units.
- South Carolina saw a 5.94 percent decrease in filings with 1 in every 949 housing unites receiving a filing.
By Michael Bain, an analyst for Move New Homes